Code of ethics
Business ethics is the study of what is right and wrong in terms of human behavior, as well as the behavior of the individual in the company, in relation to established codes of conduct.
For Metal Group, relations with its employees, contractors, customers and other stakeholders are based on the premise that mutual actions must be distinguished by trust and transparency. These fundamental premises of conduct are established and conceptually consolidated in the corporate policy, mission and vision of the organization and in this code, which are our guide.
Thus, people, community and ecological environments deserve the highest consideration and care, without exclusion or discrimination.
We believe that responsibility is the committed and solidary undertaking of the best effort to achieve the business objectives, with an efficient management of resources, ensuring the sustainable development of the environment and self-care, prevailing the common good over the particular interest.
We act with integrity, because we are coherent between what we think, say and undertake within the personal and business spheres, as well as with respect, because we recognize the right of the counterpart, aware that this value is the foundation for the construction of vigorous and beneficial interpersonal and business relationships.
We are committed to upholding the highest ethical and productive standards and consequently, no consideration or business activity can justify jeopardizing the reputation of Metal Group.
For this reason, the present document reflects the deontological ethics of Metal Group.
Purpose and Scope of Application
This code of ethics defines the basic principles to which the following individuals and entities must follow in their behavior in the scope of their activities related to Metal Group:
- Companies that are part of Metal Group, regardless of their activity and/or location.
- The employees of any of the companies that are part of the Group.
- The members of the management of Metal Group.
Note 1: The basic principles of Metal Group Code of Ethics have been summarized in Appendix 1 and are binding on both regular suppliers and new suppliers who wish to join.
Responsibilities of Metal Group personnel
All employees and managers who are part of Metal Group, hereinafter "workers" must know this document and through our actions adhere to this Code, as well as ensure that other individuals or groups that carry out activities on behalf of Metal Group also do so (agents, subcontractors, ...).
In particular, management must ensure that all staff and collaborators are aware of this code and respect the behaviors defined therein.
Any employee who has knowledge of or reasonable suspicion of non-compliance with this code must notify his or her superiors or report it through the suggestion box.
Metal Group will take whatever measures it deems appropriate to prevent negative repercussions due to notifications made by employees in good faith under this code.
Failure to comply with this code may constitute a labor infringement and may be subject to appropriate sanctions regardless of any other responsibilities the employee may have incurred.
Principles and Values
Relationship with and between workers
Metal Group's relationship with its employees and with each other will be based on the fulfillment of the following commitments:
- Abolition of child labor: Metal Group does not accept child labor, so it will not use child labor or incorporate into its business any product or service known to come from child labor.
- Fair competition: Metal Group prohibits any action that involves the exercise of illegal practices of unfair competition. Likewise, every employee must avoid situations that could lead to a conflict between their personal interests and those of Metal Group, any employee being obliged to inform his or her superior if he or she is in a conflict situation.
- Equal opportunities: Metal Group is committed to ensuring that all employees enjoy equal opportunities for the development of their professional careers, regardless of age, sex, marital status, etc
- Working day: Metal Group will define a working calendar that is framed in the legal requirements in force. In addition, workers are free to terminate the employment relationship according to the legally established deadlines.
- Non-discrimination: Metal Group assumes the responsibility of maintaining a working environment free of all discrimination, whether by age, sex, belief... as well as any other type of discrimination.
- Respect and confidentiality of employee information: Metal Group commits to request and use only those employee-data that are necessary for the effective management of the business or by legal requirement, establishing an information security policy.
- Safety and health at work: Metal Group will provide its workers with a safe and stable environment, establishing an organizational model that ensures their safety and health.
Business ethics, deals with the study of normative questions of a moral nature that arise in the business world of a corporation. Metal Group has defined the following commitments:
- Fair competition: Compliance with applicable tax and accounting legislation.
- Integrity: Any form of corruption, bribery, extortion, influence peddling or fraud is prohibited.
- Privacy and information: All information subject to protection will be protected, establishing an information security policy.
- Intellectual property: Intellectual property rights will be protected, so the transfer of technology and knowledge will be carried out in such a way that these rights are protected.
Commitments to third parties, the market and the community
- Satisfaction of the expectations of its customers, making an effort to anticipate their needs.
- To guarantee the respect of the confidentiality and privacy of the data of third parties in its possession.
- Build relationships with customers, suppliers, competitors, administrations and other interested parties upon integrity, professionalism and transparency.
- Seek the greatest possible respect for the environment in which it carries out its activities and minimize the negative effects that its activity may cause.