Sustainability in Metal Group
Sustainability is a fundamental principle defined in our strategic plan, we understand it in order to build a management model that is responsible, equitable and ethical, where the development of long-term relationships with our stakeholders is encouraged and adapted to the operational needs of our society. We therefore pursue economic, environmental and social objectives in equal measure by integrating these aspects into the management of our entire supply chain.
We want to become a sustainable benchmark in the supply of iron castings and machined parts. Our processes promote the circular economy and we work on projects that provide new solutions for the recovery of waste, or the integration of waste into the market as new materials. We seek solutions with a high technological content that allow us to operate more efficiently and sustainably in the services we provide. We have no doubt that the future lies in adapted industrial factories that have solutions to guarantee the satisfaction of current generations without compromising the capacity of future generations.
17 goals to transform our world
Metal Group has embraced the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, in particular we have worked to align our corporate management with the SDGs, where we find new business opportunities, improve the relationship with our stakeholders and promote innovation. Taking into account the nature of our business, we have established a series of commitments and best practices aligned with our strategy, and we are committed to work on the next 5 (SDGs) that will help transform our world.
SDG 3: Ensure healthy lives and promote wellfare for all at all ages
We are aware of the many risks associated with our activity and of the importance of the health and safety of our employees in the correct development of our activity:
- We have a demanding integrated system of occupational risk prevention.
- We actively promote and contribute to the integration of risk prevention in all processes for the correct protection of workers.
- We are committed to social causes and voluntary work that contribute value to improving people's health.
- We encourage good practices and healthy lifestyle habits among our employees and social environment.
SDG 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
We developed our Equality Plan:
We integrate equal treatment and opportunities between women and men, as well as in the promotion and encouragement of measures to achieve real and effective equality within our organization.
- We establish equal opportunities as a strategic principle of our Corporate, Human Resources and Social Responsibility Policy, in line with the definition of this principle established in Organic Law 3/2007.
- We encourage good practices and healthy lifestyles among our employees and social environment.
SDG 8: Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work for all
We provide stable, quality employment and encourage youth market entry in the community.
- We identify, prevent and mitigate adverse human rights impacts arising from or caused by our business activities.
- We establish the principles, values and standards that should govern and determine what is right and wrong in terms of an individual's behaviour in the company, in relation to established codes of conduct.
- We help our suppliers to promote sustainable behaviour and prioritise those suppliers that excel in this area.
- We collaborate with local training centres to create opportunities for young people to enter the market.
SDG 10: Reduce inequality within and between countries
We are generous to the global community by doing our part in the pursuit of equal opportunities:
- We promote through social causes the principle of special and differential treatment for developing countries, in particular the least developed countries.
- We promote the social, economic and employment inclusion of all people, regardless of age, gender, disability, race, ethnicity, origin, religion or other status.
- We adopt policies, especially wage and social protection policies, to progressively achieve greater equality.
SDG 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
We work daily to optimize and reduce our consumption in the best possible way.
We ensure the protection of the environment, working in a respectful way, preventing pollution and minimizing the environmental effects produced as a result of the activity we carry out.
We seek to achieve our business objectives, complying with our legal and contractual obligations, and applying social and stability criteria in our relations with our stakeholders.
We source in a socially responsible manner and do not prioritise the deliberate use of unknown or unsustainable sources, and we avoid the use of goods, services or raw materials such as tin, tungsten, tantalum or gold ("3TG" or "conflict minerals") that support or finance inhumane treatment, including human trafficking, slavery, forced labor, child labor, torture and war crimes.
It is on these premises that we have developed our policies, which are aligned with our Business Strategy and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
Health and Safety Policy152.60K
Working Conditions and Human Rights Policy191.56K
Corporate Ethics Policy175.88K
Supplier Sustainability Policy164.96K
Corporate Social Responsibility Policy215.38K
Responsible sourcing Policy for raw Materials186.75K